Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Before and After



I had a hair cut today! I decided that I wanted to have my hair cut a bit shorter. I managed to grow it quite long (I wanted my hair like Tarzan's) and as the deal with mom was that I had to keep it clean that was quite something!


Mom says she is proud of me for having had the courage to wear my hair long when so many people make fun of boys with long hair. Like this morning when I went with to the village where mom works and the women said they were sure I was a girl. People can be so silly! You get used to it. Mom says wearing my hair long taught me to stand up for what I believe in. I dont know about all that, all I know is that it was time for a change so I went to town (Magaliesburg) with mom.



At the hairdresser, can you believe it - there were no books with pictures of boy haircuts in! So even before mom could THINK about picking up a book with a lot of girl hair styles in, I asked for a pencil and drew the hairstyle that I wanted!



It came out very nice, a bit too short but, as mom says, hair grows back and I must say I quite like it. Cheti says I look like a handsome prince. Cool.



We got my sister a huge chelsea bun and I got a black t shirt . It was nice to go to town alone with mom.

1 comment:

Kendra's mom said...

Oh my gosh, how your hair grew since we saw you last year!! I think the new cut looks great!

Yes, I found your blog, now I can update my link properly.

Love to everyone...