Friday, December 5, 2008

Abseiling!


We all went abseiling in November. A friend of mom's is an abseiling instructor and she said we could come for free! Thanks Nina! It was very very scary - 18 m high off a steep cliff. Cheti got all kitted out, but she decided she would like to rather learn to abseil off a lower rock or the roof or something.


Cheti - eks nou mooi opgedress en als met sommer TWEE harnasse aan, maar ek dink ek sal maar liewer dit volgende keer doen dankie!


Rathla - I was very scared and halfway I stopped and wouldn't let go the cord, but then mom and Nina talked to me from high up there and eventually I could do it! There was like a place where the rock goes in, (an overhang) and that was super scary because you just hang free, nowhere to put your feet! Dad was waiting for me at the bottom and it was great when I realized that I did it! Mom says now I know how to face my fears. Hope I don't have to do a lot of that... Now I love abseiling and cannot wait to do it again!


P.S. More photos to follow when the signal picks up - same old promise. En sorry Karel, ek het probeer maar ek kry nie die beloofde videoclip vir jou verjaardag gelaai nie, ek sal weer probeer. - Sonja

No comments: