Saturday, December 20, 2008

Newsflash! Rathla is going to school!



Big News! I am going to school next year. Mom and Dad and me went to go check out Woodlands school after mom heard about it from two of the teachers from there who were in her 'learn not to hit your children' class. (My Parent Effectiveness Training' class, but Rathla tells everyone I teach people not to hit their children, which is part of it. - S)

Woodlands school is amazing. (It is a nature-orientated school). There is a stream running through it where the children catch fishes and crabs in breaktime, when the weather is nice we have classes outside, lots of snakes in cages and scorpions and owls which got hit by cars and then the school looks after them (the school rehabilitates owls). And there is a secret passage, mom doesn't believe this, but there is - I saw it when I went to go check out the school for a day.

Anyway, I am so exited I am counting the sleeps and although mom had a bit of a hard time letting me go (ja, I did, its quite hard - S), she is also exited now.

We go to school in any blue shorts and green t-shirt and mom has bought me that and red underpants.

I am going to love school, I am going to gr. 2 and I am so looking forward that I said to my Uncle Rathla and all my other aunts and uncles that I don't want Christmast presents - they must put the money in a special account that mom made for me to help mom and dad pay for the school. (Rathla really did this and we are very proud of him. The schoolfees are a bit steep, but it is such a lovely place, will make plans -S.)

Next year we will post photos of me at Woodlands then you can put it on your fridge Granny! But now we first have to do Cristmast and that is another story...

Love

Rathla

No comments: